Wednesday 20 June 2018

“Walk With A Wolf” by Janni Howker
Illustrator
Sarah- fox-Davies


“Walk With A Wolf” is a Walker book that is about wolves and how they live.
The genre is animal non fiction about how the wolves live and what they do


The setting is in the mountains, cold lakes, and dark forests of the Yukon territory of
North Western Canada.


The characters in “Walk With A Wolf” are the black male wolf pack leader,
the mother wolf, the pack, the wolf cubs, the moose they hunt for, and a flock of geese
passing by.


The plot is that the wolves are hungry and they have to hunt a moose which is dangerous
because they can kill wolves with a kick. They have to track the moose or try to find
something else .
 
My connection to this book is that it reminded me of my dog Newman because he sleeps
the same as the wolves and he’s a dog which makes him have some of the same
characteristics as them.
My opinion about the story is that I think the story was good because it has very good
punctuation, very good language, lots of rhyme and clines it also has very good artwork
and lots of similes, metaphors and very good adverbs verbs and adjectives.  


I recommend this book to anyone over six because six year old's would not understand
some of the words, punctuation and clines and all the other things like that.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaxon
    I really like your book review, I liked how you wrote about what kind of vocabulary and punctuation there is. Another thing that I liked was how you recommended it to people above six years old due to children below six not being able to understand some things. I have a question though; Do you think you'd recommend it to someone in your family?
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.